Working at WBA Global
There hasn’t been a better time to join WBA Global We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding portfolio that develops global industry agendas and helps businesses worldwide to achieve their boldest objectives. We are growing at an amazing rate offering new ideas, innovative vision and dynamic environment to those who work with us.
We strive to create an engaging and future-focused atmosphere where team members thrive. We understand that the key to our success lies in investing in our people and working together as one organization to consistently achieve new goals.
We Nurture Your
A career at WBA Global will expand your thinking. Here, you will be able to communicate and meet global industry leaders and leading experts across industry. We support and encourage bold and innovative thinkers. We appreciate out of the box ideas and daring strategies. We value initiative and entrepreneurial mindset. Together, impossible is nothing.
When it comes to achieving our own goals and exceeding your expectations, we know that every one of us makes a difference. Individually and as members of various teams, our workforce defines our success at WBA Global. That’s why we are completely committed to nurturing and developing our talent, ensuring that every member of staff has the right support and structures they need to grow.
We Invest in Your
Our staff make use of many professional development opportunities, including licensure resources, in-house learning, and leadership training. We foster team well-being through benefits that encourage healthy, balanced lifestyles. WBA Global is committed to an inclusive, supportive workplace, where every employee can achieve their full potential. We bring together diverse teams and support programs that encourage equal opportunities.
Join Us. Current Available Positions.
Business Development Manager – Delegates & Hosted Buyers
WBA is looking for ergetic, confident and results driven individual to work on a leading event portfolio. This is an incredibly exciting new opportunity for a brilliant networking professional who has proven experience in customer service relationship management and creating solid relationships with key players in the industry. You will be a highly organized individual who is able to build sustainable relationships with high level figures and have a successful track record of building a leading portfolio of key accounts. As the role involves a vast amount of travel you will be enthused by the idea of travelling to industry events and conducting regular client meetings.
In this role you will be responsible for
- Research & Identification of potential delegates and hosted buyers
- Attracting key delegates, buyers and new customers to the event
- Communication with potential delegates through phone, email and social media channels
- Conduct daily telesales activity ensuring KPI’s are achieved and exceeded
- Sustaining lasting, solid relationships, networking and ensuring that the smooth running of events takes place.
- Daily management and maintenance of sales call lists and records, ensuring qualified sales leads including past attendees are continuously nurtured and converted into sales
- Identifying potential leads with Marketing converting inbound sales enquiries into delegate sales and working with the editorial and marketing manager to develop an understanding of the event programme
- Maintain active customer relationships through regular and consistent engagement, demonstrating your market knowledge and product expertise
- Research and identify key operators in health and education to help drive attendance across the events programme
- Build long term relationships with your key accounts, recognising clear commercial opportunities
- Increase our client engagements and commercial opportunities, handling all enquiries through strong sales skills to attract new clients across our publications and events
- Provide a professional level of customer service through handling of initial enquires to confirmation of booking and payment
- Where required attend events to network and build industry knowledge and customer relationships
- You will have at least 2+ years’ experience in sales ideally with exposure to event sales market. If you don’t have sales experience but have a positive attitude and passion for sales, you are more than welcome to apply.
- A driven individual who is able to work on their own initiative and a constant achiever
- Previous B2B sales experience across B2B events is beneficial but not required
- Confident in selling to senior managers, directors and C- level individuals
- Creative and always looking to build new opportunities and exceed targets
- Good networker and negotiation skills with experience at handling call conversions
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player who is willing and able to thrive in a creative commercial environment
This is an outstanding opportunity if you are looking for an exciting new challenge in your event career.
Project Development Manager
Project development manager
Project Development Manager’s role aims for the successful execution of a portfolio of leading events for senior-level business executives through targeted market research on current cutting-edge business strategies.
The ideal candidate should be solutions oriented and drive event profitability through innovative approaches to production. Successful candidates should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be able to manage a number or projects concurrently, learn quickly, and assert ownership and accountability over project outcomes. Fluent English is a Must. No previous experience is required.
Your role will include but not limited for
- Securing high-level senior speakers and business gurus for the events agenda through cold calling
- Conceptualize and market product within short time frame
- Manage relationship with speaking faculty while the event is in the market
- Negotiate speaker requirements based on a limited budget
- Conduct targeted primary and secondary market research to identify industry drivers, inhibitors and strategies. This includes cold calling
- Analyse research to write and develop commercial conference programs including a project brief and draft agenda
- Brief marketing, sales and sponsorship departments on the event and work closely with these departments to develop compelling content that ensures event profitability
- Create partnership with industry associations and relevant organization to further event promotions
- Create content for event marketing materials
- Effectively communicate with various team members, support their request and create relevant document to further advance event growth
- Travel to the events
- Manage events onsite
Marketing & Communications Executive
WBA seeks a customer-focused, creative and innovative marketing and communications executives for B2B events. This is an excellent opportunity for this candidate to work for a the leading B2B events in the industry in the region as well as to develop one’s people management skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and drive the execution of online and offline marketing & communication strategy across channels for b2b events.
- Brainstorm creative ideas and concepts for marketing and promotion
- Participate in brand establishment of events and develop engaging and unique value propositions
- Monitor and keep track of advertising campaigns and different promotion initiatives
- Participate in brand building of various events and develop engaging value propositions
- Familiarize with their clients’ products and services, the target audience and their competitors’ activities
- Develop and execute digital marketing strategies to enhance customers experience journey
- Develop and facilitate partnerships with various media and industry associations in order to promote the events
- Prepare, execute and manage social media strategies
- Prepare, executive and manage digital promotions
- Prepare marketing content and copy
- Communicate and cooperate with the event participations in order to assist them in their promotions
- Communicate and cooperation with the event participants in order to promote the event
- Work closely with internal parties, media partners, external vendors and clients for executions and maintain excellent relationship
- Prepare and distribute press releases and articles.
- Travel to the event and manage the event onsite
- Degree holder in marketing, journalism or relevant disciplines
- Event management or similar project management experience is beneficial but not required
- Native or Fluent
- Native English with excellent language skills is highly preferred
- A good understanding on current digital marketing trends & best practice across digital & new media sectors
- Experience in managing web, email marketing and social media platforms will be an advantage
- Experience in managing team members is an advantage
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Responsible, hands-on, open-minded and able to work independently while demonstrate leadership
- Able to work under pressure and be multi-tasking for several projects within tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
Business Development Manager
We are currently looking to hire highly motivated business development managers for our young and dynamic Prague office. This is a sales job, sales over the phone will take up 95% of your working time, so you need to be someone who enjoys sales.
You will be responsible for identifying potential clients across international markets and securing their participation at our events by contacting them via the phone.
Your role will include but not limited for
- Selling premium priced delegate tickets across a number of conferences and events (Cold calling the clients)
- Researching the market and actively generating your own database of leads
- Engaging with senior business leaders via phone calls
- Ensuring that all leads and contacts are followed up in a timely manner until completion
- Managing end-to-end client relationships and providing feedback
- On-site event work including the time required for travel and preparation, as well as performance of pre and post event activities, and other duties as instructed throughout the event by management and coordinators.
- Communication and sales through alternative, new sales channels
We are looking for someone who is
- Bold, committed and extremely focused
- Highly motivated & Result driven
- No fear attitude
- Driven to be the best one can be
- Previous experience is not a must.
- Fluent English & Knowledge of additional languages is an advantage